Welcome to the national Growthpoint Greenovate Award competition
The intention behind the programme is to expose the students to key focus areas concerning sustainability within the industry and introduce industry to the talent available to them. The Awards programme encourages students to learn about green building and sustainability early on in their careers. Essentially, we want them to enter the market as advocates for green building with a passion to create better, more sustainable, cities, towns and neighbourhoods. These are tomorrow’s leaders who will take the green building movement forward and ensure it continues to innovate and inspire.
This year the Greenovate Programme has expanded to include Engineering students. The two streams will not compete against one another and there will be first, second and third prizes for both winners. The winners will all be announced at one grand finale Gala dinner.
Can I enter?
If you are an Honours student in property studies, construction or quantity surveying, you may enter the award programme.
Register here (QS, Property, Construction streams)
If you are a final year student studying: Electric, Electronic, Mechanical or Civil streams.
Register here (Engineering: Electric, Electronic, Mechanical or Civil streams)
- The Green Star SA Accredited Professional Programme (GSSA AP) will be made available to you to complete at a discounted student rate.
- This includes a supported online course and a face-to-face workshop
- On completion of the GSSA AP Programme, you will have the choice to go ahead and complete the online exam and become a GSSA AP. Though it is not compulsory, it is recommended.
- Round one of the competition will take place internally (within each university). The university panel will select the top two projects submitted by student groups from each university.
- The final group of students will have the opportunity to present their projects to a panel of industry experts selected by the GBCSA and Growthpoint Properties in round two.
- This panel of experts will then select the winning project and the runner ups.
- Winners will be announced at the prestigious Gala dinner and Prize giving.
Early-Mid November 2017 – Top two research projects chosen per university (process takes place internally).
29 November 2017 – Workshops with industry experts. (JHB)
30 November 2017 – Top groups (finalists) will present to an external panel of experts (JHB).
30 November 2017 – Gala dinner and prize giving (JHB)
Which universities are taking part?
University of Witwatersrand
University of Cape Town
University of Pretoria
University of the Free State
University of Johannesburg
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
North West University
First Prize: R30 000 per group winner to present at GBCSA Conference 2018 (flights and accommodation included)
Second Prize: R15 000 per group GBCSA Convention tickets (2018)
Third Prize: R10 000 per group GBCSA Convention tickets (2018)
Why should I enter?
• A cash prize
• Mentorship programmes and workshops with industry experts during the course of 2017
• Leading sustainability and property companies will have direct access to your talent
• Enjoy access to leading industry thinking and possible exciting employment opportunities
• A nationally recognised accreditation - Green Star SA Accredited Professional Programme (GSSA AP)
Terms and Conditions (QS, Property, Construction stream)
Terms and Conditions (Engineering: Electric, Electronic, Mechanical and Civil streams)
For further queries please contact Remy Kloos at firstname.lastname@example.org or 011 9446464